Sunday, May 28, 2017

First floor is framed!!!

So this week has been mostly about windows, windows, windows.  I ended up ordering Simonton ProFinish Brickmould 600 windows for the standard windows.  Perch & Nest has not worked with these before so I hope we don't hit any snags there but they should be good. I went with the double strength glass too, it doesn't add much weight but with so much glass it seems like a good idea.  The slider is a 9ft wide Pella slider with internal blinds and the kitchen window is an 8ft Panoramic window with a 9ft Panoramic bifold door in the living area.  I am glad those choices are made and the products ordered. A lot of brainpower has gone into those choices so I hope they are right. I feel really good about them right now.

They have framed the first floor so I was able to see the size of the Panoramic door & window openings.  I love it!  I didn't get a picture of the door opening from the inside but there is a picture of the window opening for the kitchen area.  =)























 From the outside (the top of the door is about 6" below where the tarp is sitting)


Former storage area under living area loft...






















After seeing my storage area under my living area loft (aka "tiny garage") framed out I have decided to make a change. I am going to make it a closet area.  When I started planning I really intended to have a very very large closet and it kept getting picked away at until until it became smaller than what I currently have.  I thought about what I planned on putting in the storage area and realized it was a lot of stuff I keep in my closet or inside now, camping gear, skydiving stuff, out season clothes, etc...  Another use was for my removable deck when it is being moved.  I can do all that and keep clothes in there if I make the opening from the inside and insulate it.  It will only be 4ft tall but I think I can deal with that.


If the time comes that I can't get in there any more I could do something like this....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Since mid-February I've been trying my hand at gardening for the first time!!!  This tiny house blog is all just yard pictures but...